Thursday, May 24, 2007

Phoenix Rising in New Orleans!

I hadn't blogged about it yet because I've been so busy but this past weekend I went to New Orleans for a Harry Potter convention. Please hold back the jokes! ha. I know I'm a dork and I don't need to be reminded about that :) I took a ton of pictures but this thing only lets met blog four of them through blogger and I don't feel like uploading them all into photobucket right now. So, right now you will have to settle for a few. I flew in Friday morning and met up with some friends for bienets ( I have no clue of how to spell that) at Cafe Du Monde. It was so tasty! That night there was a Wizard Rock concert on Bourbon Street and Mtv was there covering the convention! I wonder if they got any footage of me bustin' a move. Probably not because I didn't do any dancing. Saturday just hung out with friends and that night my friends @ Spinnerscast and Spellcast put on a live podcast. That was loads of fun. I ended up having to take an EARLY flight out Sunday morning and had the craziest cab driver ever. He was pretty entertaining. I had a what I thought would be 3 hour layover in Cincinnati but ended up being stuck there for 10 hours!!! That's what I get for flying standby. Don't know that I will ever do that again. I didn't get settled back at my apartment til' 11:30 that night. Ugh. Well, here are some photos!

This is a cathedral in the French Quarter. I wish I had had time to get a closer shot.



Just a neat building.


Paige and I at Cafe Du Monde. YUM!


A shot of Bourbon St by night.


I'll try and post more pictures later.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Misti said...

I am so jealous that you got to eat beniets. (sp?) Is there another convention next year? Will you go?

Misti said...

Alright... I know you have about a zillion pics from MO. Get to postin' em. ;o)