Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Olympics, scooter rides, and watercolors.

  Who else has become utterly obsessed with the Olympics?  I had hardly watched television in months and now I can't seem to turn it off.  I don't think there is a sport I don't enjoy watching.  I have stayed up far too late since it started watching every last bit.  I'm evening recording it!  Michael Phelps.....amazing!  I've officially made the transition over from swimming to track & field.  Tonight is the Men's 1500m final.  That should be interesting.  
  Enough of that.  I was in St. Louis/Chicago week before last and I got some neat photos.  Once I can figure out how to post multiple photos on here without it taking me hours to re-size them I'll put them on here.  I might just post them on my Flickr account and post the link on here that way I don't have to mess with sizing. (Edit: I went ahead and uploaded the Chicago pictures to Flickr. You can see them here: Chicago Pictures)  My friend Nathan (aka Snarf) took me on a scooter ride in St. Louis. I must purchase a scooter now.  What a fun way to get around town! 
  I have been really having an itch to get back into painting/any art lately.  Instead of going back to my old favorite-oil painting-I have decided to dabble in watercolors.  I have only done ONE watercolor painting in my life and it was back in high school.  I have all the stuff I just need to sit down and have the patience to actually do it.  That's where I normally have the problem when it comes to this sort of thing.  I can't sit there long enough to make any progress and waiting for it to dry is hell.  Once I've done a few I'll take some photos and put them up here. 
   I have officially lost 45(ish)lbs.  I'm not sure how much further I'm going to go. I don't really care about the pounds-I just want to get to a size that I like.  I'm pretty darn close though.  I have a 5K this Saturday that I'm pretty excited about and another one the following Saturday.  I have been having issues lately running because it has been so stinkin' hot outside.  I have found that that is EXACTLY what has kept me from making any progress in the last 2 months or so.  On rainy days I run fine because it's cool out-but if it's hot I almost can't run a mile.  I'm really going to try and make an effort to wake up and run BEFORE work instead of in the evenings because its a good 10 or so degrees cooler in the mornings.  We'll see if that happens though.  Alright. I think I'm done babbling for now.  Comment please.  It's what encourages me to keep blogging. 
 

2 comments:

Misti said...

comment...

j/k - I know what you mean about the Olympics. I've stayed up entirely too late many a night watching them.

Congrats on the 45+lbs! Hopefully the weather will be cooling down pretty soon; that will help alot!

Uncle Dave said...

You are my hero.